Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sticking to my roots....

Well, I still haven't been able to decide on a player to collect, and I doubt I will in the foreseeable future, so I decided to try and collect the first set of baseball cards that I bought packs of when I was a kid, 1977 Topps.  What I remember so distinctly that tells me it was the first one is the flag in the upper right corner with the player's position written on the flag.  I was even able to find a checklist of the cards in the set from the old baseball cards website.  It's a 660 card set, with a few good RCs, Andre Dawson, Dale Murphy, and Bruce Sutter.  I bought a bunch of packs when I was a kid, but alas, those cards are long gone.  I have a grand total of 2 (!) cards from the set.  Pics are below:

My only 2 from this set, and as common as they come.






















I obtained these two cards via the card redemption programs over the past two years via Topps, all I had to do to get them was pay shipping (the topic of another post soon to come).  I'm going to try my best and see if I can get as many cards as these via trading.  I'll post my progress as I go along...you'll be able to see it on my BB want list.

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. If you're not player collecting at the moment why not claim a team in my mini affordable group break? The Blue Jays are available and I think you may be happy w/ the outcome. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm collecting the '77 set now, too. I'll see if there are any dupes that are in good enough shape to send you. I've still got to look through those '06s, too.

    ReplyDelete